Episode 20 – Brian Sooy
On the Hot Air podcast, we talk with people involved with digital agencies. We discuss business models, strategies, and tools for making your agency successful. And along the way, we hope to have a little fun and make some friends. In this episode, we’re talking with Brian Sooy.
Brian has a successful agency called AESPIRE in Ohio in the United States. And he just celebrated 25 years in the web development and digital marketing industry. He uses websites built with Joomla and other tools as part of a larger marketing service.
Brian bases all his marketing on a framework called Story Brand. I found this approach fascinating – I read up on Story Brand and started to see ways to apply the framework to Watchful. In this episode, we talk a lot about story telling and how to make your customer into the hero of your company’s narrative.
Season 1 episode guide
- 1 – Eoin Oliver / Square Balloon
- 2 – SD Williams / Danico Enterprises
- 3 – Donata Kalnenaite & Hans Skillrud / Termageddon
- 4 – Matt Schwartz / Inspry
- 5 – Sander Potjer & Martijn Boomsma / Perfect Web Team
- 6 – Deb Cinkus / Polished Geek
- 7 – Mike Herchel / Lullabot
- 8 – Parth Lawate / Tekdi Technologies
- 9 – Ovi Liuta / XCloner
- 10 – Keanan Koppenhaver / Alpha Particle
- 11 – Jamie Schmid / Freelancer
- 12 – Nicola Fleming / WebCoast
- 13 – Adam Silver / ConciergeWP
- 14 – Brian Mitchell / Intergen
- 15 – Mike Demo / Web Ventures
- 16 – Nathan Ingram / Monster Contracts
- 17 – Andrew Palmer / Somebody’s Hero
- 18 – Teresa Smith and Jennifer Marriott / Red Sage Communications
- 19 – Kimberly Lipari / Vale
- 20 – Brian Sooy / AESPIRE
- 21 – Victor Drover / Watchful.