Episode 14 – Brian Mitchell
On the Hot Air podcast, we talk with people involved with digital agencies. We discuss business models, strategies, and tools for making your agency successful. And along the way, we hope to have a little fun and make some friends.
On this episode of the pod, we’re talking with Brian Mitchell. Brian is the newly minted President of Open Source Matters, the legal and financial organization that backs the Joomla project.
Brian runs his own web agency called Intergen. In fact, his office is just north of Milwaukee, about a 20 minute drive from Vic’s office.
InterGen started as a non-profit to help volunteer organizations and they still use a .org domain name. Over the years, Brian’s work grew to include more web design and now they focus on premium hosting. Brian has been thinking for years about how to build successful non-profits and he’s a good fit as the new figurehead of the Joomla community.
Season 1 episode guide
- 1 – Eoin Oliver / Square Balloon
- 2 – SD Williams / Danico Enterprises
- 3 – Donata Kalnenaite & Hans Skillrud / Termageddon
- 4 – Matt Schwartz / Inspry
- 5 – Sander Potjer & Martijn Boomsma / Perfect Web Team
- 6 – Deb Cinkus / Polished Geek
- 7 – Mike Herchel / Lullabot
- 8 – Parth Lawate / Tekdi Technologies
- 9 – Ovi Liuta / XCloner
- 10 – Keanan Koppenhaver / Alpha Particle
- 11 – Jamie Schmid / Freelancer
- 12 – Nicola Fleming / WebCoast
- 13 – Adam Silver / ConciergeWP
- 14 – Brian Mitchell / Intergen
- 15 – Mike Demo / Web Ventures
- 16 – Nathan Ingram / Monster Contracts
- 17 – Andrew Palmer / Somebody’s Hero
- 18 – Teresa Smith and Jennifer Marriott / Red Sage Communications
- 19 – Kimberly Lipari / Vale
- 20 – Brian Sooy / AESPIRE
- 21 – Victor Drover / Watchful.