Cédric Keiflin is one the more creative and prolific developers in Joomla.
He provides over 20 different extensions at Joomlack.fr and many of them have hundreds of 5-star reviews on the Joomla Extensions Directory.
I’m delighted to say that you can updates JoomlaCK extensions using Watchful. This is the fifth new extension provider we’ve added in recent weeks, following on from Joomshaper, Weeblr, Tassos and Simplify Your Web.
First, I’ll show you how to enter your JoomlaCK license key to enable updates. Then, we’ll share an interview with Cédric about his Joomla work.
How to use Watchful with JoomlaCK
- In your Watchful dashboard, go to Settings > License Keys.
- Look for the “JoomlaCK Download Key” area.
- Enter the license key you have from the JoomlaCK website:
Hi Cedric. Can you introduce yourself?
Hi. I live in France in a beautiful region called Alsace. Here we like beer and bretzel!
I have a masters degree in Mechanics and always loved to play with my computer. I enjoyed developing or using software and discovering new features.
I had the opportunity to learn about the web when someone asked me to create my first website, and I started with Joomla 1.0 in 2008.
I has also been for years a moderator on the French community forum because I love to help other users to use Joomla. I have now stopped this because I’m dedicated to my own forum about my extensions.
How did you get started in Joomla?
I started because one of my friends asked me to create his website in 2008. I had never done that before!
So the story starts with Joomla and a wonderful community. I met many other friendly community members and I fell in love with Joomla.
My first website was made with Joomla 1.0 and I immediately focused on template development. I created an SVG illustration and I wanted to integrate it into the website. A new challenge was born.
Then I continued to learn about Joomla and started to develop my first extension called Tooltip GC. The “G” comes from the nickname of a friend on the french Joomla forum that helped me to create it. All my extensions have now the CK suffix.
What Joomla extensions do you develop?
I have multiple extensions available on my website. Here are the most popular:
- Template Creator CK: Create your own templates while following the Joomla templating standards (this is not a framework). Link to Template Creator CK
- Maximenu CK: Create any menu, especially a mega menu. You can also use it for simple dropdowns, list menu, select menu, etc. It has many options to choose the layout and the animations. There is also a dedicated interface to style and setup the menu. Link to Maximenu CK
- Slideshow CK: Create a slideshow. This extension is very focused on the user interface, so it is very easy to use. You can load your images from many different sources. Link to Slideshow CK
- Page Builder CK: Create your own layout with the columns, rows, and all the addons (text, image, video, tabs …). It is totally integrated into Joomla and can be used with the native features (acl, multilanguage, categories , …). Link to Page Builder CK
- Accordeon Menu CK: Create an accordion menu, with a stylish interface and many options to design it as you want. Link to Accordeon Menu CK
- Mobile Menu CK: Create a mobile menu based on any existing menu in your page. You can style it in the interface, and you can merge multiple menus into one. Link to Mobile Menu CK
I have also more extensions but I will not list them all here. You can have a look on my website if you want to see them all.
What are you looking forward to for Joomla and your extensions?
I have already started to update some of my extensions for Joomla 4 and I plan to convert them all. Joomla 4 is the next step and as a developer I must be there and offer to the users the opportunity to use the extensions they need.
I still continue to update and improve my extensions according to the needs of the users. I always take seriously when someone ask me about a feature request, even if this looks useless. My goal is to continue to help people to use Joomla and I do it through my extensions and the support.