1. Strong Data Security. We will protect your data like it’s our own.
2. Minimal Data Collection. We don’t collect more info than what’s needed to improve your experience and deliver the Watchful service.
3. Sensible Data Use. We will only use your data to improve your experience and deliver the Watchful service. We will NEVER sell or share your personal data to anyone other than the trusted partners we use to deliver the service as described below.
4. Clear Communication. We’ll do our best to communicate in a clear and concise way at all times.
5. No Spam. You decide what and how you hear from us. You can unsubscribe anytime you want.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice).
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through your account if you are a customer).
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do by unsubscribing to our emails via the unsubscribe link at the bottom and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
At Watchful, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. The Watchful team members are customers themselves of other internet sites – so we appreciate and respect how important privacy is.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Personal Identification Information
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Watchful related activities. We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- When Users visit our website.
- When Users place an order.
- When Users interact with the features and resources we make available on Watchful.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Billing Address
- Phone number
- Credit card or other payment details
- Tax Identification for your business (i.e. VAT)
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to purchase a subscription from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
Non-personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with Watchful. Non-personal identification information may include:
- Browser name
- Computer type
- IP Address
- Technical information about Users means of connection to Watchful such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use your information in a number of different ways and this depends on the type of information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
Your name and contact details
|How we use your name & contact details||Why?|
|Bill your subscriptions to you.||We must do this to complete the subscription process. It’s not possible process your order and assign privileges to your account if we don’t use your name and contact details.|
|Send you service messages by e-mail or through our website, such as monthly invoices.||We must do this to inform you of your transactions, notify you of billing problems, etc...|
|Sending you information by email about our new products and services.||To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission.|
|Fraud prevention and detection.||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Watchful.|
|Finding out what you, and other customers, like.||To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay relevant to your needs.|
Your payment information and billing history.
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Watchful service.
|How we use your payment information.||Why?|
|Take payment, and give refunds.||We must do this to complete and modify purchases, including recurring monthly payments.|
|Upgrade or downgrade your plan.||We must do this to modify subscriptions/plans, including recurring monthly payments.|
|Fraud prevention and detection.||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Watchful.|
|Find out what you, and other customers, like.||To ensure we are giving you what you want and identify popular products and services.|
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us — for example, in a support ticket, in an email, or on social media.
|How we use your contact history.||Why?|
|Reply to messages sent to us.||We must do this to resolve issues you experience with our service or answer questions.|
|Learn from past experiences.||So that, when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service.|
|Improve our products and offerings.||So that, based on your feedback, we can make Watchful more in line with what you are looking for and need.|
Information about you, your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
The information you give us when you browse our site or use Watchful, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location datas well as how you use our website and app.
|How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app||Why?|
|Improve Watchful.||To give you the best possible experience.|
|Personalize Watchful.||We may use your information to understand how you use the services and resources provided on Watchful, and to provide an optimal and personalized experience.|
|Protect our website||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Watchful, and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data|
Your responses to surveys, competitions, and promotions
|How we use your responses to surveys, competitions, and promotions.||Why?|
|Run a survey, competition or promotion.||We do this to identify popular features and to notify contest/promotion recipients of the results.|
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on Watchful.
We will protect your information with the same tools we use to protect the service itself.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our support team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We want to earn and maintain your trust. An essential part of this goal is our promise to never sell nor share any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We use a select number of trusted external service providers for certain technical data analysis, processing and/or billing/invoicing. These service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection and security standards. We only share information with them that is required for the services offered and when possible we contractually bind them to keep any information we share with them as confidential and to process Personal Data only according to our instructions.
We might share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to process your subscription fees, such as payment service providers.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All users of Watchful may make changes or updates to their personal information at anytime by logging in and selecting “My Profile” at the top-right of Watchful dashboard to access the “Edit Profle” area.
The “Edit Profile” area also includes a “Delete Account” feature. Please note however that some personal information must be retained for financial/taxation puposes and for privacy audits. As our upstream providers roll out tools to comply with privacy laws like the General Data Protection Regulation, we will work to expand the “Delete Account” feature to include these tools and improve our privacy protection processes.
HOW TO STOP SYSTEM MESSAGES
As a critical part of our delivering Watchful, we will send email notifications to alert you of various events such as a pending software update, a change in a file, a website that is no longer online, or a data breach has occurred. You must consent to receive these mesaages when subscribing to Watchful.
However, you may customize and/or disable these messages by logging into Watchful, selecting the “Settings” button the left side of Watchful Dashboard, and selecting the “Notifications” tab.
HOW TO STOP MARKETING MESSAGES
If you have given your concent, we’ll send you marketing messages by email to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our new features and resources.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this in one of 2 ways:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing email
Once you do either of these, your profile will be updated to ensure you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Please note that, as Watchful comprises several inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
In addition, unsubscribing from marketing messages will not stop critical service communications (such as order updates or System Messages).
SAFE HARBOR ENFORCEMENT
THIRD-PARTY WEB SERVICES
Users may find advertising or other content on Watchful that link to the services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these third-party services and are not responsible for the practices employed by services linked to or from Watchful.
In addition, these services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other web services which have a link to Watchful, is subject to that web service's own terms and policies.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Watchful, its products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information.
- _ga: This cookie is used by Google to anonymously track site usage.
- _gtm: This cookie is used by Google to anonymously track site usage.
- _gat: This cookie is used by Google to anonymously track site usage.
- joomla_user_state: When logging into this site, users are given the option to have their username stored. If users opt into this feature, their username will be stored by the joomla_user_state cookie. When the user tries to log in again, the username field in the sign in form will be completed automatically.
- _distillery: This cookie is used to enhance video performance on our website. Videos are hosted by Wistia.
- _muxData: This cookie is used to enhance your video experience (such as remembering your playback preferences) on our website. Videos are hosted by Wistia.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or block future cookie use, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ .
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of Watchful at https://watchful.net/terms-of-service.html.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
HOW TO CONTACT US
W231 N7956 Martin Ct, Sussex, WI, USA 53089
This document was last updated on May 24, 2018.