Troubleshooting problems with Uptime Monitoring
Uptime Monitoring is provided to Watchful users via the integration of the Uptime Robot service.
If you are having difficulties obtaining accurate uptime information, or with excessive uptime/downtime alerts, try the following solutions.
Note: Be sure to wait a reasonable amount of time to evaluate if your fix worked or not, depending on the frequency of the problem.
- Make sure your site is connecting normally to Watchful. If not, please review our troubleshooting connection problems guide.
- Be sure that your domain name in Watchful site settings matches EXACTLY the address of your website, especially in regards to the use of
wwwin the url.
- Be sure the Word to Check option in your site details is correct. If you are unsure about this, remove the Word to Check until the problem is resolved.
- Whitelist the Uptime Robot IP Addresses as shown here: http://uptimerobot.com/locations . You may need to contact your hosting provider for this.
- Delete and then create a new Uptime Robot monitor for your site. To do this, find the site in question in your dashboard, click the dropdown arrow, and then click on Uptime link, and in the popup box on bottom right, click on Delete button.
- Repeat the process to Create a new uptime monitor.
Search Knowledge base
- Add a Joomla website to Watchful
- Add a website to Watchful
- Add a WordPress website to Watchful
- Does Watchful support managed hosts like WP Engine, Flywheel, and Pantheon?
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How to add Tags to your WordPress & Joomla websites in Watchful
- How to use the Auto Update Scheduler
- How to use the Auto Updater
- Managing your auto-updating softwares
- Scheduling remote backups for Joomla