What updates are supported by Watchful?
Watchful updates fall into three categories: core file, free plugins, and premium/commerical add-ons.
Core CMS files
Watchful's updater supports all core releases by Joomla (version 3.x and later) and WordPress (version 3.7 and later).
Watchful can update:
- WordPress plugins — any free plugin in the WordPress plugin respository.
- Joomla extensions — any component, module, plugin, language, or framework in the Joomla Extension Directory that support the core Joomla Updater feature.
Premium Plugins & Commercial Extensions
The videos below demonstrates how free and paid updates are applied:
Search Knowledge base
- Does Watchful support managed hosts like WP Engine, Flywheel, and Pantheon?
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How to add Tags to your WordPress & Joomla websites in Watchful
- How to use the Add-on Auto Updater
- How to use the Update Scheduler
- Installing the Watchful client
- Scheduling remote backups for Joomla
- Scheduling remote backups for WordPress
- The three types of backups in Watchful
- What is included in the free plans?