How to ignore specific software when performing mass updates
At Watchful, we recommend that you update all software to the latest versions. This includes core CMS files, plugins/extensions, themes/templates, etc. Updates can be performed in bulk using our Update All or Auto Update tools.
However, it is not always appropriate to bulk-update some sotware. This is most common on problematic sites where 1-click updates of specific softwares are not appropriate and require a manual update.
Once added to the Ignore list, softwares will not be updated when using the Update All tool nor the Auto Updater. So you may proceed with all your other mass updates using the typical Watchful workflows.
To skip an update you can add it to the
Ignored list for each and every site as appropriate using the following procedure:
- Login to your Watchful dashboard.
- Open the
site drawerof one of your sites by clicking the site name in the Dashboard.
- In the drawer, locate and click the
- In the list of updatable software, click the arrow on the right-side of the
Updatebutton and select
Ignore(see image above).
Search Knowledge base
- Add a website to Watchful
- Does Watchful support managed hosts like WP Engine, Flywheel, and Pantheon?
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How to add Tags to your WordPress & Joomla websites in Watchful
- How to use the Add-on Auto Updater
- How to use the Auto Update Scheduler
- Managing your auto-updating softwares
- Scheduling remote backups for Joomla
- Scheduling remote backups for WordPress
- The three types of backups in Watchful