Scheduling remote backups for WordPress
In WordPress, Watchful backups use possible through integrations with a gowing list of popular backup plugins including All In One WordPress Migration and Akeeba Backup Pro for WordPress. Complete the following steps to configure your WordPress site for remote backups and enable remote backup management in the Watchful dashboard.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that your website has been successfuly added to the Watchful dashboard.
Scheduling Watchful backups on WordPress sites
To schedule a site backup:
- Before proceeding, ensure that you have installed and activated a support backup plugin on your site. We currently support:
- Log in to your account at Watchful and view your dashboard. Find the WordPress site you want to edit click and click the site name to open the drawer and reveal the Tools and Insights area.
- In the Tools area, click the Edit button (shown in blue in the screenshot below) corresponding to the site you configured above for remote backups. This opens the Site Edit dialog.
- In the Backup area, select the appropriate plugin from the dropdown selector.
- If you are using Akeeba Backup Pro:
- Enter the Akeeba Backup secret word from when you configured the plugin on your remote site (see details).
- Click the Save button.
- After saving, Select the desired Akeeba Backup Pro Profile from the drop-down list.
- Configure the Task scheduler for daily, weekly or monthly backups. If you choose a weekly schedule, you can select specific days to backup.
- Specify a backup Time. The best time to backup is typically the time oif day your site has the lowest traffic.
- Complete the process by selecting the Save & Close button at the bottom of the Site Edit dialog. This returns you to the open drawer for the site.
- In the tools section, test the remote backup process by selecting the Start Backup button (shown in blue in the screenshot below) in the site drawer.
Search Knowledge base
- Does Watchful support managed hosts like WP Engine, Flywheel, and Pantheon?
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How to add Tags to your WordPress & Joomla websites in Watchful
- How to use the Add-on Auto Updater
- Installing the Watchful client
- Scheduling remote backups for Joomla
- Scheduling remote backups for WordPress
- The three types of backups in Watchful
- What is included in the free plans?
- What updates are supported by Watchful?