How to add your paid plugin or extension to the Watchful license manager
Benefits of using a central license manager
Watchful includes a centralized license manager for premium WordPress plugins and commercial Joomla extensions. The benefits of keeping your license keys in a central location include:
- Keeping shared keys in a private location and not on the remote site where it may be copied by your client.
- Updating/changing the key only needs to be done in one place, not on all of your remote sites.
Support software for paid updates
At this time, we support the following update technology for paid plugins/extensions:
- Easy Digital Downloads (WordPress)
- Joomla Updater (Joomla)
- Akeeba Subscriptions (Joomla)
Submitting your paid plugin/extension to Watchful
In order for us to develop and test update compatibility of your add-on(s), please use the contact form below to send us the following:
- An active subscription linked to
- An inactive subscription linked to
- A copy of the most recent version of the paid software(s)
- A copy of the prior version of the paid software(s)
- Joomla Only
- If the update feed is not public or in the XML, we need the update URL(s)
- If you have more than one version (free and pro, for example), use a unique variant name in the XML file using the
- WordPress Only
- storeUrl - This is the URL of the vendor’s EDD store.
- itemID - This is the ID of the plugin in the vendor’s EDD store.
- author - This is the name of the vendor.
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How do I use the Site Audit?
- How do I use the Watchful REST API?
- How often does Watchful monitor my web sites?
- How to create a Watchful App
- How to make plugins and extension updates compatible with Watchful
- Installing the Watchful client
- Managing admin access with Single Sign-on
- Personalizing E-mail notifications
- Scheduling remote backups for Joomla