How do I generate reports for my clients?
Reports are a great way to provide regular updates to your clients on the maintenance work performed on their websites. Reports can be generated for single sites or as multi-site reports for clients with multiple domains.
Reports include data from the website activity logs, traffic information from Google Analytics, and uptime data. They can also be personalized, white-labelled with your company name and logo, and automatically emailed to your clients at regular intervals.
Create a report profile
Report profiles are convenient ways to configure and save a series of customized reports. One created, profiles can be used to automatically email reports to specific emails or to manually download a report.
To create a report profile:
- Click the
Reportslink in the left menu on the Watchful Dashboard followed by the
New Reportbutton to launch the report builder tool:
- In the Report Builder choose a filter for your reports:
- Sites — Choose a single site.
- Tags — Choose a group of sites based on a tag.
- Choose a delivery mode:
- Choose the report content. Options include:
- Personalize the report:
Save Report Profileand enter a name for the report profile. If left blank, the site name or tag name will be used instead.
Report Profile is saved, use the
Download button to save a copy to your computer.
Email reports automatically
Report profiles may be saved and used regularly send reports. For example, you might use a saved profile to generate a monthly report for each client. To automatically receive reports by email:
Scheduled Emailis selected as the
- Enter a custom email address. If left blank, your account email will be used.
- Use the
Send test emailbutton and make sure you receive the report at your account email address.
Managing saved reports
Saved reports will be listed in a table on the
Reports page as shown above and includes a summary of each report. The list of reports is also used to manage the saver report profiles.
- To delete a saved profile, click the
Deletebutton at the right of the profile name.
- To download or modify the report, click the profile name to open the profile editing drawer.
- Modify the report in the builder as needed.
- Click the
Save report profileor
Download PDFbuttons as appropriate.
Please review this video to see the reporting tool in action:
Search Knowledge base
- Does Watchful support managed hosts like WP Engine, Flywheel, and Pantheon?
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How to add Tags to your WordPress & Joomla websites in Watchful
- How to use the Add-on Auto Updater
- How to use the Auto Update Scheduler
- Installing the Watchful client
- Scheduling remote backups for Joomla
- Scheduling remote backups for WordPress
- The three types of backups in Watchful
- What is included in the free plans?