Adding Google Analytics to your Dashboard
On July 8, 2014, we launched our Google Analytics integration with the Watchful Dashboard so that critical information about your website traffic could be easily viewed alongside other critical metrics such as pending software updates and uptime.
As you can see above, the traffic data from Google Analytics is shown seamlessly in the detail view of your website.
Adding Google Analytics
Follow this simple process to link your Google Analytics account to Watchful:
1. In your web browser, ensure you are logged into at least one Google Analytics account.
2. Be sure that the URL of your website(s) in Watchful exactly match the URL of the website(s) in Google Analytics. Google Analytics has two places to list your URL, and each must match Watchful:
- Property Settings
- View Settings
3. From your Watchful dashboard find the website you want to connect to Google Analytics, and click Connect to Google Analytics link.
4. After a moment or two, ensure the following message is displayed at the top of your Watchful Dashboard:
All of the websites in your Watchful dashboard will now display Google Analytics statistics if they are set up with the account specified in Step 1. Repeat as necessary, taking care to log into the appropriate Analytics account as required.
Search Knowledge base
- Does Watchful support managed hosts like WP Engine, Flywheel, and Pantheon?
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How to add Tags to your WordPress & Joomla websites in Watchful
- How to use the Add-on Auto Updater
- Installing the Watchful client
- Scheduling remote backups for Joomla
- Scheduling remote backups for WordPress
- The three types of backups in Watchful
- What is included in the free plans?
- What updates are supported by Watchful?