Understanding the account clean-up process
Inactive accounts are automatically removed from Watchful when all of the following conditions are met:
- No login has been registered for 6 months.
- No active paid plan/subscription exists.
When an account is targeted for removal, the user is notified by email and a 30-day expiry timer begins. If both of the above conditions are still true at the end of this timer, the account is closed and all sites and logs deleted.
Why is my active account scheduled for removal?
Sometimes you may receive a false-positive removal notification. This occurs when an old, inactive email address is being forwarded to the email address associated with your active Watchful account. To confirm this, verify the TO field in the email.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel welcome to submit a support request from the Watchful dashboard.
Search Knowledge base
- Add a website to Watchful
- Does Watchful support managed hosts like WP Engine, Flywheel, and Pantheon?
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How to add Tags to your WordPress & Joomla websites in Watchful
- How to use the Auto Update Scheduler
- How to use the Auto Updater
- Managing your auto-updating softwares
- Scheduling remote backups for Joomla
- Scheduling remote backups for WordPress
- The three types of backups in Watchful