Troubleshooting problems with Single Sign-on
Single Sign-on allows Watchful users to centrally managed administrative access to their websites (see details).
If you are having difficulties Single Sign-on, try these troubleshooting steps. After each step, try logging in with the SSO credentials to see if the problem is fixed.
- Install the latest Watchful Client on the problematic site.
- Ensure the site is online and that the front end of the website is publicly accessible.
- Check the site settings in Watchful and ensure the URL is accurate including the HTTP or HTTPS protocols.
- Examine the configuration.php file and add the site URL to the $live_site variable including the HTTP or HTTPS protocols (more details on manually configuring $live_site).
- Configuring remote backups for Joomla
- Configuring remote backups for WordPress
- How do I generate reports for my clients?
- How do I use the Site Audit?
- How do I use the Watchful REST API?
- How often does Watchful monitor my web sites?
- How to backup a site in Watchful
- How to create a Watchful App
- How to make plugins and extension updates compatible with Watchful
- Installing the Watchful client