This week, Joomla 3.5.0 was released with some interesting new features, including support for PHP7. One less publicized change was an alteration in how Joomla applies core updates. This change necessitated some updates to our service.
Yesterday, we rolled out these changes to the public and now fully support updates to Joomla 3.5.0 from individual sites, or using our bulk updater tool as you can see in this HOW TO video:
Since the update requires a new Watchful client, updating to Joomla 3.5.0 will take an additional click or two:
- [CRITICAL] Ensure you have a completed backup for all your sites before proceeding.
- Use the remote installer or bulk updater to install version 1.10.8 (or greater) on all your sites.
- Select all your sites in the Dashboard and click the Refresh Data button to properly retrieve the Joomla 3.5.x update.
- Access the bulk updater and filter the list to display only the “Joomla” updates. Apply the Joomla 3.5.0 updates to your sites as appropriate. This is a large update to please be patient.
- When the updates are completed, return to your Dashboard and verify that the sites now properly list Joomla 3.5.x as the installed version.
- Manually inspect each site to verify that everything is operating as expected.
If you run into any trouble using Watchful to apply these updates, please open a support issue using the Support link in your Dashboard.